Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jimmy's, Lexington

Weeks later, I finally got a chance to stop at Jimmy's, which was on the original list. Turns out, I had been there before; it's open on Sunday and right off the highway at exit 91, and I had picked up some sweet tea on the way back from Georgia one time.

It was 10:30am when I arrived and I ordered a tray of chopped with red slaw. I had thought that Jimmy's used pits, but now I don't think so. The barbecue wasn't very smokey. Bob Garner's 2002 book said they had been tinkering with cooking methods then, so maybe they switched over. The sauce was peppery and similar to Smiley's. The hushpuppies and sweet tea and slaw were all very good.

Everyone else was eating breakfast, and it looked amazing. Biscuits and gravy, grilled smoked sausage, lots of eggs and french toast. Also, it was Sunday, so it was barbecued chicken day (Thurs.-Sun.). Apparently, it's worth a stop for on weekends. Jimmy's location, hours, and great food make it well worth a stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment